HIMYM Has a(nother) Drinking Game?
When I’m sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. And drunk. True story.
Ted told Robin he loves her? Again? Still? Are you kidding me, HIMYM writers? You have driven us to drink. Let’s play a game!
What you’ll need:
- HIMYM DVDs
- Or a Netflix account
- Or basic cable
- Or the ability to find TV shows on the internet without Megavideo. Womp.
- Mixed drinks
- A yellow umbrella (if you plan on marrying Ted)
How to play:
Take a sip every time:
- Ted is a douche.
- Someone “suits up.”
- The question is posed, “haaaave you met_____?”
- Someone “eats a sandwich.”
- Barney has sex.
- Robin is made fun of for being Canadian.
- Marshall makes up a song.
- Lily makes lesbian/raunchy comments towards Robin.
- A previous joke is referenced (this is for hardcore fans).
- Someone uses “lawyered”.
- The nature of Barney’s occupation is questioned.
- There is a flashback (the beginning of every episode counts!).
- One of Ted’s “bimbos” comes back.
- Wendy the waitress is called “Wendy the waitress.”
- Barney has a rule.
- Bob Saget says, “kids…”
- There is an intervention.
- Ranjit appears.
Take a shot every time:
- A direct clue about the mother is given.
- The show makes you cry (watch out for seasons six and seven).
- A slap occurs.
- Ted references “the one.”
- There is a celebrity guest (however, you must be able to name the celebrity, and one of his/her previous works. “That guy from that thing” doesn’t count).
- An actress is clearly pregnant in real life.
- An outsider sits in their booth.
- There is a musical number.
- There is a pause between “legen-” wait for it, “-dary.”
For real champions, penalty shot every time:
- Anyone “buh buh buh buhs” to the theme song.
- Someone refers to Barney as NPH or Doogie Howser.
- Someone talks about a future season (e.g. while watching season 2, someone foolishly yells out, “I can’t believe Ted confessed his love again for Robin this week”).
- Someone quotes an episode other than the one currently being watched.
Suit up. Drink Up. And please remember to watch How I Met Your Mother responsibly.